Case Study: Gateway Retail Center
In late 2015 The Gateway Retail Center in Brooklyn, NY, owned by Related Properties, had just finished a major LED Lighting Retrofit managed by Energy Services, Inc. Energy Services had turned to Visionaire and Regency Lighting to perform an evaluation of the site lighting and recommend solutions to reduce the customers operating costs, while modernizing the center.
“Visionaire was with us through the entire process. Their product allowed us to significantly reduce energy usage while improving the overall site lighting quality. This reduction in total watts (energy) and improved technology really drove the project financially. The customer saved money and procured a significant rebate to make the investment a win-win”
Bob Tompkins, Principal of Energy Services Inc.
- 296 VLX fixtures
- 57 VMX fixtures
- Total Watts Saved 251,962
- Went from 175 – 1000w MH Shoebox fixtures (drawing 1150w each) to 175 – 268w VLX LED fixtures.
- Went from 121 – 875w PS MH Shoebox fixtures (drawing 925w each) to 121 – 268w VLX LED fixtures.
- Went from 5 –400w PS MH Wall Pack fixtures (drawing 440w each) to 5 – 145w VMX LED fixtures.
- Went from 52 –400w MH Wall Pack fixtures (drawing 465w each) to 52 – 145w VMX LED fixtures.